THE SHELBY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Gateway to Giving
The Shelby Community Foundation is a publicly supported philanthropic organization with the long term goal of building permanent funds and establishing separate donor funds for their charitable interests to benefit a defined area. A community foundation serves a certain defined geographic area.
Started in 1996, the Shelby Community Foundation has: raised over $1.57 million, awarded $117,000 in scholarships, granted over $590,000 and established over $636,000 in endowments for the Shelby Township community.
Unlike other non-profits, a community foundation supports by grant making and is not limited to one interest. The Shelby Community Foundation looks to the total community well-being. To illustrate, these are the grants given in the year 2016:
Matching Community Generosity with
· Christmas for Special Needs Children and Families $3,200.00
· College Scholarships $6,000.00
· Compassion Pregnancy Center $800.00
· Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan $1,000.00
· Gleaners Food Bank $1,500.00
· Habitat for Humanity – Repairs for Senior Citizens Homes $20,000.00
· Junior Leadership Macomb for Shelby Township Students $1,000.00
· Kiwanis Club of Utica Shelby Township – Bikes for Bike Rodeo $300.00
· Macomb Science Olympiad $500.00
· Macomb Symphony Orchestra Youth Concert for Shelby Township Students $500.00
· Malow Junior High School – Band Music $500.00
· MISD Glen Peters School & Macomb Infant Preschool Program – Equipment $2,000.00
· Packard Motor Car Foundation - Signage for the Historic Property $500.00
· Shelby Township Art Fair $200.00
· Shelby Township Police – Shred Day $800.00, K-9 Bulletproof Vest $1,000.00
- K-9 Bite Sleeve $300.00
· Trinity Community Care – Low Income Health Care $1,000.00
Did you know about these needs???
The Shelby Community Foundation did!
Donate with a Credit Card or Pay Pal by clicking on PAY NOW! Thank you!
Give where you Live!
The Shelby Community Foundation is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, registered with the Michigan Attorney General.
Donations may be tax deductible as allowed by law.